- Fox Chapel Area School District
Fox Chapel Area 2020-2021 Final Budget
- Temporary reassignment of Act 93/administrative personnel to current O’Hara Elementary open administrative position.
- Not replacing a retiring member of the technology team.
- Realignment in staffing, specifically as it relates to the early retirement incentive from 2018.
- The facilitator of the Creativity and Literacy Program (CLP) will be a classroom teacher, and the CLP facilitator will be paid via a supplemental contract.
- 2.5% for medical coverage
- 6% for dental coverage
- 7% for vision coverage
- This represents a 1.1% decrease in costs from 2019-2020.
- This accounts for 15.5% of the overall budget.
- The state reimburses 50% of the costs, which is included under the revenue section.
• COVID-19 and its economic impact for the current and future budget years is still widely unknown. However, the 2020-2021 budget anticipates a 94% collection rate of real estate taxes, lower than previous years, and reduced revenue from the collection of earned income taxes.
- The employer contribution rate is set by PSERS trustees, not by the district.
- The district anticipates paying nearly $45 million in PSERS contributions over the next five years.
- As of 7/1/2019, the district had $8.7 million of the fund balance committed to PSERS.
- $1.5 million will be drawn down at the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- $750,000 is planned to be drawn down in 2020-2021 to go toward balancing the budget.
- As of 7/1/2019, the district had $10.5 million of the fund balance assigned for capital projects.
- $1.8 million will be drawn down at the end of the 2019-2020 school year to cover costs associated with paving projects, security improvements, and Kerr construction.
- $1.5 million is planned to be drawn down in 2020-2021 for projects relating to the five-year capital improvement plan and the Fox Chapel Area High School paving project.
Gaming Funds Distribution
- Under this provision, any property in the school district that was approved by Allegheny County as a homestead will have the lesser of its taxable value, or an estimated $9,468.74 of its taxable value, excluded for the purposes of calculating school district real estate taxes for the 2020 tax year.