A Message from Dr. Reljac
January 26, 2022
Dear Fox Chapel Area Family,
Good evening! I hope that you and your family are doing well as we continue to progress into the second semester. This week, I have a few updates to share with you.
- Congratulations to Fox Chapel Area High School senior Zoe Lakkis, who was recently named a top 300 scholar in the national Regeneron Science Talent Search. The recognition reflects Zoe’s outstanding talent and exceptional promise in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. As part of her achievement, Zoe will receive a $2,000 scholar award, and the high school will also receive $2,000 to use toward STEM-related activities. Congratulations on this very notable recognition, Zoe!
- A number of Fox Chapel Area High School students placed in the 2021 Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Virtual Regional Leadership Conference, and many qualified for the state competition this spring in Hershey. For a complete list of the winners, please click here. Best of luck to all who will represent Fox Chapel Area at the state level!
- Fox Chapel Area Adult Education continues to offer classes to adult residents of the Fox Chapel Area School District. Both in-person and virtual classes are available. Registration is still open for a number of winter classes. For more information on Fox Chapel Area Adult Education and its offerings, and to be added to its email distribution list, please visit http://www.fcaae.org.
- As a reminder, the Fox Chapel Area School District is continuing the onboarding process for the voluntary Test-to-Stay program. When the process is complete, we will be sharing more specific information about the program with all parents/guardians.
I would also like parents/guardians to be aware that from time to time, when inclement weather is forecast, students may be instructed to bring home their devices in case our school buildings are closed for in-person learning the next day. In these instances, parents/guardians should still wait for official word from the district via our school messaging system, website, social media platforms, and/or local media outlets that our school buildings will indeed be closed and that virtual instruction will occur.
As always, I thank you for your partnership and cooperation in your child’s education.
Dr. Mary Catherine Reljac
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
View grades, attendance, and manage parent notifications. Please see our PowerSchool Information to get started and for support.
- Schoology Parent Access
View your child's academic progress in the classroom.
Manage your child's school lunch account.
- Registration Information
Enroll your child in our school district.
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
If your child will borrow an iPad or Chromebook for the 2021-2022 school year, please visit the Fox Chapel Area School District's Office of Educational Technology website for instructions on how to request one.
- Student Accident Insurance
- Homeless Education Information
- Homebound Information
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention
- Notification of Rights Under the Protection for Pupil Rights Amendment
- Notification of Rights under FERPA
- Qualified Teacher Information
- Annual Child Find Notice
- Media Release