Our district utilizes an online student registration system. A valid email address will be required to complete registration. Please have the following information available for the registration process:
- Name and address of last school attended
- 1 to 3 emergency contacts (not including yourselves)
- An early dismissal plan
- Your physician's name and phone number
- Your dentist's name and phone number
- Health insurance company name and policy number
- A list of medications for each student (if applicable)
Elementary School Assignment Information
If your child is enrolling in grades Kindergarten to 5th and you would like to verify your elementary building in advance, please contact any of our elementary buildings if you are unsure of which elementary school to select. Assigned school is contingent on address verification by enrollment personnel.
- O'Hara Elementary: (412) 963-0333
- Fairview Elementary: (412) 963-9315
- Kerr Elementary: (412) 781-4105
- Hartwood Elementary: (412) 767-5396
Technical support for student registration is available online at the PowerSchool Community Support Center as well as by phone at 1-866-752-6850, option #2.
After the registration process
Once online registration is complete, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment to finalize enrollment in the Fox Chapel Area School District.
Bring documents listed on the *Parent Registration Checklist to your appointment:
- Original Birth Certificate (passport/baptismal certificate/official hospital documents also accepted for verification of birth date)
- Immunization records (See PA Immunization Requirements under Related Resources - Kindergarten will not be complete until student is age 5. Nurse will review.)
- *Parental Registration Statement
- Parent/guardian photo identification
- Two (2) proofs of residency:
- Lease/rental agreement
- If the student is living with family members or friends, a notarized statement signed by the student’s parent and an adult from the home where they are living may substitute for lease/rental agreement.
- Use form 200-AR-4 Residency Swarn Statement by Resident Form under Related Resources.
- Bill of sale for home/mortgage arrangements
- Utility bills (gas, electric, telephone)
- Verification of registration at the tax office or official pay stub with address
- Court order for foster child (if applicable)
- Court order for custody arrangements (if applicable)
- Special education records: Current IEP, Current NOREP, Current RR, Initial ER. (if applicable)
- Record of Blood Lead Level Testing (For students entering Kindergarten only)
*Form can be downloaded from your online registration portal.
The Fox Chapel Area School District has created a transition plan to help families of children who will be entering kindergarten.
Please visit the district's Creativity and Literacy Program website for a kindergarten transition handbook, as well as a list of transition activities that will take place in all four of our elementary schools.