The district has received both national and state recognition.
• All six of our schools have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools, and two of our schools, Fox Chapel Area High School and Fairview Elementary School, received the designation twice.
• In 2016, the district was one of only 19 new school districts nationwide accepted into Digital Promise’s League of Innovative Schools.
• Fox Chapel Area School District consistently receives an “A+ Overall Niche Grade” from Niche and is ranked among the top 50 school districts in the nation.
• The district has been named among the “Best Communities for Music Education” from the National Association of Music Merchants for the past eight years.
• In 2017, the district was honored by the College Board with placement on the 7th Annual AP District Honor Roll, a distinction for districts that show significant gains in student access and success on Advanced Placement courses and tests.
• The high school was recognized for Programs of Distinction in Visual Arts in 2015 and received Exemplary Educational Program Credentials in music and school counseling from the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
• Dorseyville Middle School was named Pennsylvania Don Eichhorn Schools: Schools to Watch school.
• Fox Chapel Area High School has been awarded Silver Medal rankings by U.S.News & World Report during the past decade and is consistently ranked among the nation’s top high schools by Newsweek.
• FCAHS was included in The Washington Post’s America’s Most Challenging High Schools in 2017.