Volunteer at FCASD
The Fox Chapel Area School District greatly appreciates all of our volunteers who provide much-needed assistance to students and teachers in so many ways, from attending school field trips and musical competitions to athletic activities.
Due to state law, all volunteers serving public schools must obtain three clearances. Information regarding these clearances, including how to obtain them, as well as all required forms, can be found in the Guide to Volunteering at FCASD, available here.
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer in the Fox Chapel Area School District! Your services are invaluable and much appreciated.
- Prospective volunteers will need to submit their clearances via the Raptor system. The district will no longer accept hard copies of clearances nor emailed clearances to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, this email address will still be active for volunteer questions.
- When submitting clearances through Raptor, the prospective volunteer must have all three clearances ready for upload. All three are required for successful submission.
- Once submitted, clearances will continue to be verified by the administration. Approval can take as long as 60 days.
- The submitted clearances must be the correct required clearances. If a submitted clearance is one we do not accept, it will result in a delay to volunteer.
- Once approved, volunteers will receive an email via the Raptor system. Volunteers will also receive an email from Raptor when their clearances are about to expire. The emails will automatically be generated 90 days prior to expiring and 30 days prior to expiring.