The PowerSchool parent portal will open on Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
- The mandatory PowerSchool student update form can be accessed on August 1, 2023,, in the PowerSchool parent portal. For the safety and security of our students, it is imperative that we have the most current information about your child/children in our student information system. Additionally, your child/children will not be able to receive medication in school if their PowerSchool student update is not complete. The district requires online submission of the PowerSchool student update for each student. (If your child is newly enrolling in the Fox Chapel Area School District for the 2023-2024 school year, you do NOT need to complete a PowerSchool student update for this school year. Parents/guardians of new enrollees, however, should sign up for a PowerSchool account to keep track of their child’s assignments and grades, as well as other important information.)
Once logged in to the PowerSchool parent portal on a computer, tablet, or browser on a smartphone, you can click on “PowerSchool Student Update” on the left-hand navigation menu to complete the information. (Please note: You cannot complete the PowerSchool student update through the PowerSchool app.) Be sure to click “Submit” when the form is completed.
Should you need any assistance completing the PowerSchool student update or need help registering for a PowerSchool account, please fill out a help desk ticket or reach out directly to Jill Leonard, community engagement specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to provide efficient and effective service, Fox Chapel Area School District’s Office of Educational Technology asks that all parents/guardians who do not know their PowerSchool parent portal usernames and/or passwords to fill out a help desk ticket or reach out directly to Jill Leonard at email@example.com.
- Parents and guardians have the option of participating in the district’s Annual Tech Fee Program, which is $30 a year per student. More information about FCASD's tech fee program can be found here.
During the 2023-2024 school year, students in kindergarten through fifth grade will utilize iPads only (unless computers are needed during the school day for certain curricula). Devices will be kept in classrooms for use in school and will be available for use at home when needed. The Fox Chapel Area School District received a competitive grant to fund student technology and, as part of this grant, devices must be assigned to students. Should you prefer your child to only use the iPad during school hours (and not bring it home for homework, enrichment activities, and virtual instruction), please email Melissa Wiest at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will alert your child’s principal that their assigned device should remain at school for in-school use only.
Students in grades 6-8 will utilize iPads for their daily coursework. Devices will be taken home at the end of each day.
Students in grades 9-12 will have the option of bringing their own tablet/laptop computer or borrowing a Chromebook for their daily coursework. In an effort to minimize the lending burden on students and families, a request form will not be required. Rather, students can come to the high school help desk (adjacent to the library) during the first week of school between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to borrow a Chromebook. If your child borrows a Chromebook, you will be notified via your email associated with PowerSchool. If you do NOT want your child to borrow a Chromebook, please email Paula Zakovitch at Paula_Zakovitch@fcasd.edu.
Virtual Elementary Students
Google Classroom, Seesaw, and Clever will be utilized for classwork.
Clever website: www.clever.com/in/fcasd
Virtual Secondary Students
Clever will be used to access classwork. (Note: Schoology is accessed through Clever.) Please view the tutorials below for more information.
- Logging In to Clever with a Desktop or Laptop
- Logging In to Clever with an iPad
- DMS: Google Meets Through Schoology
- DMS: BrainPop Using Clever
Clever website: www.clever.com/in/fcasd
Free Internet Available
- Families in the Fox Chapel Area School District may qualify for Xfinity Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus service at no cost through the Affordable Connectivity Program. More information is available here.
Parents/Guardians and Students:
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Fox Chapel Area Virtual Resource Center's Community Help Desk.
FCASD Staff Members:
Please submit a help desk ticket at help.fcasd.edu.