Who We Are
The Fox Chapel Area School District is a nationally recognized, award-winning school district located in a dynamic suburban community about 10 miles northeast of downtown Pittsburgh. The district comprises six municipalities: Aspinwall, Blawnox, Fox Chapel, and Sharpsburg boroughs, and Indiana and O'Hara townships. The district serves an area of about 36 square miles with approximately 30,000 residents. The population represents a wide range of social, economic, cultural, and religious backgrounds. The school district provides a comprehensive array of educational opportunities to fulfill the needs of this diverse population and to meet the high expectations of its residents.
What We Do
The Fox Chapel Area School District prides itself on the myriad diverse and innovative opportunities it provides for its students.
Here are just a few of the programs and other offerings that make the Fox Chapel Area School District unique.
Mobile Fab Lab
Remake Learning Days
Focus on Ability Awareness
Awards We've Won
The Fox Chapel Area School District is consistently recognized on local, state, and national levels for its exemplary educational and extracurricular opportunities.
- All six Fox Chapel Area schools have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools
- FCASD receives an “A+ Overall Niche Grade” from Niche and also ranks among top 10 school districts in Pennsylvania in Niche rankings
- In the 2020 Pittsburgh Business Times rankings, the Fox Chapel Area School District placed No. 2 in Western Pennsylvania and No. 5 in the state of Pennsylvania
- FCASD was accepted into prestigious Digital Promise’s League of Innovative Schools in 2016
- For more than a decade, the FCASD has been named among the Best Communities for Music Education by the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) Foundation
- Fox Chapel Area High School awarded Silver Medal rankings by U.S. News & World Report and consistently ranked among the nation’s top high schools by Newsweek
- FCAHS named among the 2017 Washington Post’s America’s Most Challenging High Schools
- Fox Chapel Area High School was the first school, nationally and internationally, to receive the vaunted Program of Distinction status in school counseling from the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. The high school also received the Program of Distinction in the Visual Arts by the Middle States Association. Again, FCAHS was the first school – nationally and internationally – to receive the honor. FCAHS' music department also has been the recipient of Program of Distinction status in music from the Middle States Association.