A total of 270 members (78 percent) of the Class of 2018 took the SAT during their junior or senior year. The national average scores for all 2018 graduates taking the test were 533 in evidence-based reading and writing, and 527 in math.
Professional Staff Statistics
NUMBER OF PROFESSIONAL STAFF
Elementary: 168 Secondary: 206
MASTER'S OR DOCTORATE DEGREES OR EQUIVALENT
Elementary: 74% Secondary: 81%
AVERAGE YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Elementary: 18 years Secondary: 20 years
The district has received both national and state recognition.
• All six of our schools have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools, and two of our schools, Fox Chapel Area High School and Fairview Elementary School, received the designation twice.
• In 2017, the district was honored by the College Board with placement on the 7th Annual AP District Honor Roll, a distinction for districts that show significant gains in student access and success on Advanced Placement courses and tests.
• The high school was recognized for Programs of Distinction in Visual Arts in 2015 and received Exemplary Educational Program Credentials in music and school counseling from the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
• Dorseyville Middle School was named Pennsylvania Don Eichhorn Schools: Schools to Watch school.
• Fox Chapel Area High School has been awarded Silver Medal rankings by U.S.News & World Report during the past decade and is consistently ranked among the nation’s top high schools by Newsweek.
• FCAHS was included in The Washington Post’s America’s Most Challenging High Schools in 2017.