2019-2020 Kindergarten Registrations/Parent Orientations
Registration for children who will enter kindergarten in the fall of 2019 is scheduled in the Fox Chapel Area for February. All registration forms will be filled out online. Starting on February 4, parents can go to http://register.fcasd.edu to begin the registration process. Once the online forms are complete, parents will attend the school’s registration day with their supporting documents. Orientation meetings to acquaint parents with the kindergarten program and registration process are also scheduled during February.
Children must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be admitted to kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year. A certificate of birth date, immunization records, two proofs of residency, and a photo ID must be presented for registration. A child will not be officially registered in the school until all of these items are presented.
According to Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, children must be immunized with the following before being admitted to kindergarten:
• 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Usually given as DTaP or DTP or DT or Td) (1 dose on or after fourth birthday);
• 4 doses of polio (fourth dose on or after fourth birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given);
• 2 doses of measles, mumps, and rubella (usually given as MMR) on or after the child’s first birthday;
• 3 doses of hepatitis B; and
• 2 doses of varicella (chicken pox) (on or after the child’s first birthday) or evidence of immunity through a written statement from physician indicating month and year of disease or serologic proof of immunity.
Persons having medical or religious objections to these immunizations should contact the school nurse.
Additionally, Allegheny County requires blood lead level screening* for students prior to entry into kindergarten. Children shall receive a lead screening test in accordance with the following schedule:
• Each child shall be screened between 9 months to 12 months of age and again at 24 months of age.
• All children designated as high risk, as determined by a health care practitioner and based on the child’s exposure to lead and any other factors indicating high risk, shall be screened annually from 12 months of age to 72 months of age.
*Lead screening information is subject to change.
The schedule for new kindergarten parent orientation meetings and kindergarten registration is as follows:
Fairview Elementary School**
Parent Orientation Meeting: February 5 – Fairview Elementary School Library – 6-7 p.m.
Registration: February 26 – Fairview Elementary School Lobby – 9-11 a.m. & 1-3 p.m.
The school is located at 738 Dorseyville Road in Indiana Township. The phone number is 412/963-9315.
Hartwood Elementary School**
Parent Orientation Meeting: February 5 – Hartwood Elementary School Library – 6-7 p.m.
Registration: February 27 – Hartwood Elementary School Cafeteria – 8-11 a.m. & 1-2:30 p.m.
The school is located at 3730 Saxonburg Boulevard in Indiana Township. The phone number is 412/767-5396.
Kerr Elementary School**
Parent Orientation Meeting: February 6 – Kerr Elementary School Multipurpose Room – 6-7 p.m.
Registration: February 25 & 26 – Kerr Elementary School Conference Room – 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The school is located at 341 Kittanning Pike in O’Hara Township. The phone number is 412/781-4105.
O’Hara Elementary School**
Parent Orientation Meeting: February 7 – O’Hara Elementary School Kindergarten Classrooms – 6-7 p.m.
Registration: February 28 – O’Hara Elementary School Commons Area – 9:30-11:30 a.m. & 12:30-2:30 p.m.
The school is located at 115 Cabin Lane in O’Hara Township. The phone number is 412/963-0333.
**Additionally, districtwide registration sessions for ALL elementary schools will also be held in February for those unable to attend the individual school registration dates/times. Registration for all incoming kindergartners will be held February 26 from 4-6 p.m. in the Kerr Elementary School conference room and February 28 from 4-6 p.m. in the O’Hara Elementary School commons area.
Incoming kindergarten families are also encouraged to sign up for the story times hosted in their elementary school. To sign up and to learn more about these and other programs for families, visit http://clp.fcasd.edu/.